12.10.10

THE KISS PRINCIPLE

Two years ago, when I decided to fulfill my dream to become a graphic designer, in one of my first lessons at a short course called Applied Graphic Skills at LCC, my teacher Ian Barraclough mentioned KISS as one of the principles of good design.

At the time I had little knowledge about Visual Communication and I didn't quite understand how good the acronym applies, if not every time, quite often, to the discipline. Since then I had learned a bit and now I tend to get hooked up when I come across examples of the principle "Keep it Simple Stupid" that works.

Here is a campaign called Regala Memoria (Give Memory away) by The Alzehimer's Family Association, is in Spanish but with the English subtitles you would be fine. 

I think is pretty impressive how such a simple idea can communicate so well, how it can make you feel exactly the emotion that they were looking for: EMPATHY.

Ole!   

























2 comments: