20.1.11

CAN I BE AN ARTIST?

After visiting the London Art Fair yesterday (I'll promise to write about my impressions some other time) and with the memory of Francesca Woodman's pictures following me everywhere I go, I decide to use the inspiration to take some pictures with the idea to create interesting visuals that you want to look at.

This idea is as well, in some way, connected to my latest project. A publication in which, while promoting the course that I'm doing at the moment, I have to answer the question: What a designer needs to learn to function successfully in the constant changing 21st Century? After doing some research I started to think in the new designer as the TOTAL Designer in the same way that people like LeonardoDa Vinci or Michelangelo were TOTAL Artists. From there I started to see both disciplines much closer as I have ever seen them before (I broke one of my own mental barriers).

So I'm starting to practice a bit of self-expression through photography. I'm not completely sure about the results but I had loots of fun and I enjoyed experimenting, don't be to hard on me.

Ole!


























4 comments: