10.1.11

JUDGE THEM BY THE COVER

I have a love-hate relationship with fashion magazines, since my teenager years I have been an occasional consumer. Occasional because I'm interested in fashion, and their covers trick me into buy them, but when I start to go through their pages I realize that, most of the times, the content doesn't quite suits my personality. I like the pictures, layout, and the glossy feel of the paper, but I don't appreciate their effort to push you to believe that if you like fashion you have to be prepared to pay for it. I do think that fashion designers deserve to be paid for their art and I'm aware that the choice of materials has an impact on the item price, but a £1000 scarf it's just a bit to frivolous for me.

Still, to work in the art department of one of this magazines, would be a dream come true, because you can see the amount of creativity put into them month after month.

I have chosen a few covers that I find interesting because they seem quite original, away from the smiling pretty face that it's common place.

Ole!


















1 comment:

  1. Fabulous blog and almost agreed in all the context because I am a freak for fashion magazines. However, I don't think you need to spend all the money to be fashionable(£1000for art and materials is pretty fair) this is just for some lucky ones, but they can inspire you,direct you if you are in to fashion or whatever, all depends of your interests. Great covers Izi but if I have to choose,definitely this last one..magnifique!!
    Yasx

    ReplyDelete