16.1.11

THE SHADOW CATHERS

Following one of my multiple New Year's resolutions, making the most of London and its cultural offer, today I went to an exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum in South Kensington. The V&A, who's logo was designed by Alan Fletcher, is one of my favorites places in London. Its spaces, collections and exhibitions are relevant and interesting, and the visit it's always a good experience due the relaxed atmosphere(the tourists don't cue at its doors like art junkies possessed by the urgency to overdose on 16 century painting. 

This morning I headed to THE SHADOW CATCHERS not knowing what I was gonna see. Photography without camera?( I didn't quite know what they meant by that). What I have found has been the work of five artist, that master the creation of image. By using light and dark, while manipulating photographic or light sensitive paper, Floris Neususs, Pierre Cordier, Garry Fabian Miller, Susan Derges and Adam Fuss create unexpected visuals, textures and patterns. I specially liked the arches by Susan Derges and the human silhouettes by Neususs and I will experiment with their techniques when looking for an abstract or surrealistic feel in a personal project.

Ole!

 

Floris Neususs


Floris Neususs
Garry Fabian Miller

Garry Fabian Miller


Pierre Cordier


Pierre Cordier


Susan Derges

No comments:

Post a Comment