15.2.11

JOHN STEZAKER AT THE WHITECHAPEL GALLERY

I had read a review of this exhibition a couple of weeks ago in a newspaper or magazine (I don't recall). It said that this was one of the best exhibitions going on in London at the moment, and that John Stezaker images were quite amazing.  Last Friday I went down to the Whitechapel Gallery with my friend Laia and, for free, we had the opportunity to get inspired by Stezaker collages. I didn't know nothing about the artist and, after seeing his work I'm really surprise about this, because what he does seems enough impressive and interesting to be known by the general public as well as the experts.

At the start of my course I had an exercise for which I had to make 100 collages, it's not easy but Stezaker make it look simple. Combining just two images and with minimum manipulation his collages are unexpected, surprising and surreal.

You need to see it!

Ole!





















No comments:

Post a Comment