28.5.11

DEPTH: LONDON TUBE

Karl, one of my teachers, took us down the tube for a workshop called depth, he wanted us to observe and come up with an idea related to the tube. I must admit I was a bit unsure how to approach this, he had us for an hour on the circle line, inside a carriage, and other than look what people was doing and a few adverts, I didn't feel really engaged. Finally I decided to keep observing people and to record what they where doing. I did about 5 trips on two different lines, avoiding rush hour, because the density of bodies at that times makes counting and looking a very unachievable task. Probably if I had recorded information after 10 pm, the results could have been more shocking, funny or interesting, but I didn't have the chance, so the results are pretty obvious. I have been designing graphics to represent the information, there are a bit simple but definitely effective for the purpose.

Ole!   




















 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment