15.5.11

LAYERS

I'm working on my course's Final Major Project. Under the title "Seeing London through the Eyes of a Designer" we have to explore different Graphic Design principles using London as a theme. We have developed a number of workshops and we are expected to generate images based on them. The first workshop I have been able to finish is the one called layers.

I have been taking photographs of the things that more excite my eye in this incredible city full of contrasts and contradictions. By overlapping different components from these photographs I have create images characterized by the use of different layers, colours and textures.

I didn't want to over-think it because, as I don't have been briefed with a message to convey and communicate, it seems more productive to focus on composition, colour or aesthetics. On the workshop we where taught to use bitmap and duetone in Photoshop and, so far I just have used this technique because I really need to improve my Photoshop skills and this is a really good opportunity.

These images are definitely going to my research book, I'm pretty satisfied that they are completely created by me from top to toe.

Ole! 












No comments:

Post a Comment