26.5.11

VARIATION/UNITITY

I have been walking around London quite a lot lately, trying to photograph similar things in different areas of the city. For this workshop I started looking for establishments such as Fish & Chips shops, corner shops, kebabs, but I end up more interested in capture people. I thought that Londoners were a very good subject to investigate visually the concept of variation and unity. They are people that, most of the time, walk the streets like a uniform mass of bodies, in a rush, always with a destination. It felt like a challenge to be able to stop them and get them to give me a few seconds to record their individuality. I have tried to photograph people that represented a bit the area where I approached them, to show at the same time how different can be East, South, West and North London. Believe me if I tell you that it's not an easy task to get a total stranger to accept to have their picture taken. The variety of reactions and questions that I got from them where pretty mad but it taught me a lot. Then I did some pictures where the subjects where completely unaware, people that cached my eye while surrounded by a mass.

Ole!  




















No comments:

Post a Comment