22.12.10

WATCH THE TITLE: SE7EN

I love title sequences since I first was aware of their existence. It was 1995, I was in Barcelona, hoping to watch the last Brad Pitt film (I was young, don't hold it against me). I got to the cinema, a few commercials, some trailers (which I'm a big fan of too) and then the film started. And I watched Se7en opening credits, hypnotized by music and images that were building up my engagement with the film from the first second. That was the perfect start for the film that came after and the style and technique used became a big influence in visual culture.

After that day, I never have watched a film again without paying great attention to the opening and closing credits and while feeding my interest I have found a website that claims "forget the film, watch the titles" in which you can spend hours watching their 147 titles and reading the interviews with designers working on the field. 

My friends, highly recommendable: WATCH THE TITLES

Ole!




No comments:

Post a Comment