7.1.11

JUANJO SAEZ

Hello everyone, I have been away spending Christmas in Barcelona with my family and this is my excuse to have abandoned my blog for a little bit too long, I know, I know, it sounds as a bad excuse but you don't know them. Nevertheless I had some time to discover interesting things that I can share with you all. My brother introduce me to a new animated series that is being very successful at the moment, ARROS COVAT, a Catalan expresion that translates as Arroz pasado in Spanish, means that you getting old for certain things (probably the most extended use is to speak about a woman in her late thirties that is not a mother yet).

The illustrator of this series is a guy from Barcelona (that I happen to met long time ago) with a really personal and recognizable style in both his drawings and sense of humor. JUANJO SAEZ have worked for the most important Spanish newspapers and tendency magazines and have published already five books. I like his basic but highly expressive drawing and his witty jokes, it's a shame that I could not find the series with English subtitles but I think that you are gonna be able to appreciate it anyway.

Ole! 








2 comments:

  1. Last year it was an exhibition of his works in Design Museum. He is one of my BELOVED illustrators:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh!!! Veronika you are a box full of surprises!! ;)

    ReplyDelete